Dear Parents and Students,
Please read the information below regarding band camp:
- Attendance is required. It is normal to not feel well in the morning when you are tired. While we understand that sickness happens, students who have perfect attendance will be given marching positions before those who miss for any reason.
- Dress appropriately in t-shirts with short sleeves, shorts, and sneakers. Tank tops, muscle shirts, etc. are not permitted.
- Students must wear sneakers/tennis shoes/athletic shoes to band rehearsals when outdoors. They may change into sandals for sectional time. However, shoes must be worn at all times.
- Wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen every day.
- Instrumentalists (including all percussionists) must have a flip folder for week 2 of camp. (Music Man will be at week 1 of band camp with these items for students to purchase)
- All students need to have a pencil at band camp each day.
- Students are not permitted to leave campus for lunch. Bring your lunch each day.
- Get a lot of sleep and drink as much water as possible. Eat breakfast every day; avoid dairy in the morning.
- Water coolers will be passed out at the end of the first day of camp to all band members. All band members are to use their band issued water cooler for the 2015-2016 school year.
These rules are here for your protection. They are simple but necessary. Please help us make your experience great by adhering to the policies. We look forward to seeing you at band camp.
Have a great summer, see you July 27!