2:50 PM – Report Time
3:00 PM – Attendance Time/Inspection
· Wear Uniform B
· If you are decorating your instrument, it must be done BEFORE 2:50
· Wear a festive hat
3:15 PM – Load equipment
3:30 PM – Depart TCHS
3:50 PM – Arrive at “The Port St. Lucie Christmas House”
3:55 PM – Offload/Stretch/Warm-up
4:15 PM – Music Rehearsal
4:30 PM – Parade Sequence Rehearsal
5:00 PM – Dinner/Break
5:40 PM – Stretch/Warm-up
5:50 PM – Music Review
6:00 PM – transition/staging
6:15 PM – Begin performing
7:10 PM – Load equipment/Buses
7:15 PM – Depart
7:30 PM – Return to TCHS
7:40 PM – Dismissal
If you would like to attend the performance and watch your child participate, please read below for some specific information.
- The band is performing for a filming of a nationally televised Christmas competition show. We cannot tell you the name of the show due to contract restrictions, but it is being filmed and will be airing as part of their sixth season during the Holidays.
- Filming will take place at the Port Saint Lucie Christmas House. This is an annual for charity that welcomes thousands of folks each year into the home to see a Christmas Wonderland with over 70 decorated Christmas Trees. It is all for charity, as each person touring the home is asked to bring a new, unwrapped toy and those toys are then distributed 100% locally to The Children of CASTLE of St Lucie County. Two Truckloads of Thousands of toys are collected and we have become the largest toy drop in the city each year for the kids at CASTLE.
- The Christmas House is located at 716 SE Walters Ter, Port St Lucie, FL 34983
- The Marching Band's performance at approximately 6:15PM for the lighting of the outside of the house. The band will need to perform the routine twice. Once for the surprise element of the judges, and second for the close up scenes of the band members marching.
- IF YOU PLAN TO WATCH THIS LIVE, please note that Walters Terrace is at the house for the performance night as well as Kirke and Preston Streets so the band can march in a complete circle. Spectators have to park at Floresta Elementary School and walk to 716 SE Walters Ter, Port St Lucie, FL 34983. It’s a 7 minute walk to the house from Floresta Elementary School.
- Parents may come to watch their children perform and stand across the street from the house. We do ask that spectators wear Festive Red and Green outfits, hats, ugly sweaters, BUT NO LOGOS, ADVERTISING, POLITICAL SAYINGS, or DR SEUSS (i.e The Grinch) or OTHER CHARACTERS CAN BE ON THEIR CLOTHING.
- Unfortunately, only the television Judges and a few pre-selected individuals may tour the home that night.
- The House officially opens nightly from December 8th thru the 17th, at which time everyone is welcome to see the inside.