Don’t forget to get your instrument today if you don’t have it already! The band room will be open until 1:00.
We are performing at STUART MIDDLE SCHOOL. The address is: 575 SE Georgia Ave, Stuart, FL 34994. SMS is about 25 minutes from TCHS so plan your travel time accordingly.
If you are playing a solo make sure you have an original to give the adjudicator.
Remember to arrive 35 minutes prior to your performance time so you can warm-up and find your room
Parents, friends, and family are allowed (and encouraged!) to listen to your performance
Remember to look over the performance checklist:
To be done BEFORE arriving at festival site:
- Music is well rehearsed and ready for performance
- ORIGINAL SCORE for judge has each measure numbered
- Instrumental parts are numbered
- Accompanist is aware of performance date, time, and site
- Instrument is in good working condition. (Plenty of reeds, valve oil, etc.)
- Proper Attire for the event is procured (Band uniform is acceptable or “Sunday’s Best”)
- Arrive at site at least 35 Minutes prior to performance time
- Find warm-up area and performance room
- Play a quality, mid-register, warm-up in the warm-up room
- Hit a few of the “rough spots” in your music should there be any
- 10 MINUTES prior to your time report to your room
- If you are getting your score from someone else, make arrangements on how you will coordinate the “hand-off.”
- Make sure the judge is finished with the prior musician
- Ask if you can warm-up and tune
- Give the judge his/her copy of the score. IT MUST BE AN ORIGINAL
- Introduce yourself, your school, your grade, and Title of your piece
- HAVE A STELLAR PERFORMANCE
- Listen respectfully to judge’s comments; he/she may ask to play a few measures again. (Your accompanist does not have to stay for this.)
- If you want to record the performance and/or your judge’s comments on your phone, ask permission before you start your performance.
- COLLECT YOUR ORIGINAL SCORE!!!!!
- SAY “THANK YOU” to your adjudicator
You may stay and wait for your ratings, they are posted around 30 minutes after you perform, or you can get them on Monday.
APPROPRIATE ATTIRE FOR THIS EVENT:
This is a solo or ensemble performance, stage presence is a large component of your performance.
Business casual is the minimum level of dress for this event. You are encouraged to dress nicer, but formal wear is not required!
JEANS, ATHLETIC SHOES, T-SHIRTS, FLIP-FLOPS, SHORT SKIRTS, or SANDALS without heels ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR THIS EVENT. You are not going to a club DRESS CONSERVATIVLY.